Welcome to the online home of Darlene Catlett, professional copyeditor.
A line-by-line edit that addresses more than grammar and spelling.
- Thorough check for clarity, consistency, and continuity issues
- Close attention to punctuation, including apostrophes, commas, semicolons, quotation marks, etc.
- A review to flag inaccuracies and redundancies
- A review to flag inconsistencies in point of view and tense
- Editor’s notes and overall comments included
- Redline mark-up upon request
This is more than a simple proofreading service.
Your book is edited by a seasoned professional who has worked with authors and publishers in multiple genres.
Choose between a redline mark-up, highlights and comments, an editorial letter, or any combination of these methods.
Types of Documents
- marketing brochures
- sales proposals
- and most other types of business documents
Darlene edited my first book, Life Lessons From My “Papa,” which was published in 2012.
It had already been non-professionally edited by a dear friend who had a degree in English and another dear friend who also published her own curriculum. I thought it was “good to go” until I decided to hire Darlene. She brought it to a whole new level, and she was excellent to work with. Her skill and reliability brought me great peace. Her work was done in a timely fashion. She made me sound great.
I am forever grateful, and would totally hire her again. In fact, my second book is in the process. There is no need for me to shop around. Thank you once again, Darlene.
Darlene Catlett is an exceptional editor with strong organizational skills and an eye for detail.
We have worked together as coeditors for twelve years, and she has proven to be consistent, thorough, and accurate. Not only that, Darlene is gracious and kind, a pleasure to work with.
I highly recommend Darlene Catlett to anyone who is looking for an editor with a high level of professionalism.